Enforcement plays an important role in valley and stream management. NVCA's regulations officers ensure compliance with the regulations and policies adopted by the Authority.
Regulations officers inspect and file reports on works approved by the NVCA under a Development, Interference with Wetlands and Alterations to Shorelines and Watercourses permit. In cases where work is carried out without the permission of the NVCA, regulation officers will notify the proponent of the violation and may lay charges.
Regulation officers carry out the following duties:
- provide information & education (e.g., regulation and development restrictions)
- liaise with contractors on approved work sites
- undertake inspections of potential violation sites as a preventative measure
- inspect permitted activity sites for compliance with approved permits
- resolve minor infractions through cooperation with landowners
- resolve non-compliance with permits through education and discussions with landowners, and removal, restoration and/or the permit process where possible
- process legal proceedings when necessary to ensure compliance
Report a Violation
To report a violation or to contact NVCA regulations officers, contact the NVCA office at 705-424-1479.