Healthy Waters Program
How to Apply
- Contact stewardship staff to discuss your project ideas and to arrange your initial site visit.
Shannon Stephens, Healthy Waters Program Coordinator
- Complete and submit your application with:
[a] Two competitive quotes
[b] Any supporting photos, maps, project designs, etc.
[c] $150 deposit (Refunded on completion or if project is not approved. The deposit is only forfeited if the project is approved but not completed. No deposit is required for self/volunteer plants)
Healthy Waters Program Application Form.pdf
- Wait for your approval letter.
[a] Approvals are based on fund availability, project design and expected habitat and water quality improvement.
[b] Please note: projects started before receiving grant approval are not eligible for a grant
- Complete your project and book your final project visit. You'll need to submit:
[a] Copies of any required permits, well records, approvals or inspections
[b] All project invoices/receipts:
(i) Must be received from a registered company recognized by the Province of Ontario, or a municipality (e.g. permit fees)
[c] Proofs of payment that correspond to each receipt, such as:
(i) Bank-stamped cheques and/or other bank/credit card statements (originals or signed copies)
(ii) Please note: make sure to black-out sensitive information on your proofs!
- Your grant cheque and a deposit is returned to you. Please allow 4-6 weeks.
- Landowners agree to maintain the project for the intended purpose for which it was designed for a period not less than 10 years.
Our stewardship staff have in-depth knowledge of the watershed, water quality improvement projects, how to restore habitat and other available resources and grant-programs.
Please contact us if you have any questions - we're here to help you help the environment.