Explore the Niagara Escarpment with a hike through the caves, hardwood and coniferous forests, and open meadows of the Nottawasaga Bluffs.
This 400-acre conservation area offers a full day of exploration and adventure, with breathtaking vistas of the surrounding countryside and glimpses of the area's history. See where pioneers once toiled to cut a living out of the wilderness. Timber and limestone proved to be big businesses for this area, resulting in the establishment of nearby communities like Singhampton and Glen Huron.
Connect with the Bruce Trail as it makes its way through the property or venture down one of its side trails to catch a variety of unique features. Of particular note - the Key Hole Side Trail offers an other-worldly experience - you'll often find bits of snow in the trail's crevices into June.
Hike the Ian Lang Memorial Trail and discover traces of an old stagecoach road and limestone kiln. Signs of an original homestead are visible, with rhubarb still thriving around the stone foundation.
Note: The Nottawasaga Bluffs is a Natural Hazard Area. It contains fissures, crevices and cliffs, all of which are dangerous and may be hidden.
Stay on the marked trail at all times.
Download Trails Maps for Nottawasaga Bluffs:
Trails Map: PDF version
Snowshoe Map: PDF version
- Trail Closure - The Bruce Trail's Nottawasaga Buffs Side Trail is temporarily closed to hikers just at the southern edge of the conservation area, where it intersects with the Main Trail. Access to the Keyhole Side Trail is therefore possible only from the Main Bruce Trail at km 21.4. This closure should not affect those visiting the conservation area, but but may affect those hiking through along the Bruce Trail.
- Daily Parking - $6.50 per vehicle
- Annual Parking - $45.50 per vehicle (valid for all NVCA-operated conservation areas)
- For payment options and details, see
Your parking fee helps offset the cost of maintaining and improving NVCA conservation areas.
Please note there is NO overnight parking permitted at the Bluffs.
- ADDRESS: 8861 Nottawasaga 15/16 Sdrd., Clearview Township
- GPS: X-562916, Y-4910256
- DIRECTIONS: Travel south from Collingwood through Duntroon on Simcoe Road 124. Just before Singhampton, turn left on Mill Town Rd., then immediately left onto Ewing Rd. Follow Ewing to 17/18 Sdrd. and turn left. At the next stop sign at a T-intersection, turn left. Continue for 500 m and watch for the parking lot on your right
- NOTE: Online mapping systems may try to send you along 15/16 Sdrd. Nottawasaga Concession 8. Don't go that way - instead come along from Rd. 124 (see directions above). Your car will thank you!