Programs for Guides
New Adventures & Big Fun!
NVCA offers outdoor learning opportunities that support confident, resourceful and community-minded Guides!
Whether you’re looking for basic group camping or a weekend of planned activities, our professional outdoor educators will design a program specifically for your Guide’s interests and skills.
Guide Program Flyer - NVCA Tiffin Outdoor Program Guides
Spaces for Gathering
Group Campground offers a peaceful area with plenty of flat ground for tenting.
- Capacity -
- Amenities - covered pavilion, fire pit and stone fireplace/oven, outhouses, non-potable water (warm months only), storage
Sheltered from the elements, the
Outdoor Classroom and the
Trails Office serve as meeting locations or meal areas for small groups.
- Capacity - 25-30 ppl.
- Amenities - bench seating (tables and chairs available)
Picnic Pavilion is a perfect space for a larger gathering or for indoor activities. There is a wood stove for heat if needed, and an outdoor fire pit.
- Capacity - 80 ppl.
- Amenities - fridge, sink with potable water
(warm months only), wood stove, picnic table seating
Ponds and trails offer opportunities for hiking, geocaching and other recreational activities. Educational programming and recreational equipment may be arranged.
Accessibility - Unless otherwise stated, all areas are fully accessible. All-terrain wheelchairs available at no fee upon request.
Programs for Guides
Let our professional environmental educators lead your unit through programs tailored to meet Guide-specific program goals and interest badges. With our outdoor programs, youth learn new skills through hands-on exploration and learning. Teamwork and leadership are important elements of all our programs—not to mention lots of fun!
Programs for Guides
- Going Outside; Going Camping; Exploring and Experimenting
- Key to Active Living: Outdoor Action
- Key to the Living World: Wondrous Walks; Plant Life; Water All Around; Celebrate Earth Day; Reduce-Reuse-Recycle; Weather Watch; Seasons Come and Go!
- Key to Camping: Safety First; Camping Know How; Dress Right; Lost & Found Outdoors
- Interest Badges: Winter is Great; Bird Watcher; Saving Our Plants & Animals; Happy Hiking; Going Camping; Which Way?; Be Aware; Winter Outside; Cookout; Team Together
- You & Others: Group Leadership; Skills in Communication
- Beyond You: Explore the Outdoors and Nature; Our Environment
- Interest Badges: Snowshoeing; Bird Watching; Conservation; Ecology; Endangered Species; Exploring; Forestry; Hiking; Naturalist; Outdoor Adventures; Outdoor Cooking; Water; Wildflowers; Plants and Animals
Take It Outside: Outdoor Know How; Finding Your Way; Survivor Girl; Camping-Here we Come; Out on the Trails; Winter Wonderland; Up Close and Personal with Nature; Knots, Knives and Outdoor Lore
- Exploring a Theme!: Our Environment
- Creating Your Future: We're a Team; Find Your Inner Leader
- Low-Ropes Challenge Course
- Maple Syrup Tours
- Wilderness Skills: shelter building; safety; orienteering
Pricing & Details
Design your program to fit your unit’s needs!
Tiffin-Led Environmental Education
- Full Day Program - $15/youth
- Half-Day Program - $10.25/youth
- Leaders and adult volunteers attend free-of-charge. Fee includes use of program-appropriate indoor and/or outdoor venues.
- Minimum of 20 youth per program, or $300 for a full-day, $205 for a half-day program.
- Offered with programs led by our environmental educators; youth roast their own hot dogs over an open fire!
- Hot Dogs and All the Fixings - $2 each
- Hot Chocolate - $15/unit
Outdoor Venue Rentals
- Outdoor Classroom (30 ppl) -
- Picnic Pavilion (80 ppl) -
- Trails Office Classroom (25 ppl) -
- Pond Rental - price dependant on activity
- Camping -
- Minimum of 12 campers, or $90 per night.
- Includes firewood.
- Propane BBQ - $50/day
- All-terrain Wheelchair no charge
Taxes extra. Prices subject to change.
About Our Programs
- All programs must be reserved in advance.
- All programs involve outdoor activity, and run rain, snow or shine.
- Break time activities and discipline are leaders’ responsibility.
Program Reservation Procedure
- Step 1: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 705-424-1479 ext. 280 to select a date and discuss program availability.
- Step 2: Once your date is confirmed, complete and submit your booking form.
Program Cancellation Policy
- There is no
charge to cancel if at least 2 weeks’ notice is given before your scheduled visit.
- If you cancel with less than 2 weeks’ notice, your group will be charged for 50% of the scheduled number of participants or the minimum fee.
- An exemption is given for inclement weather. Please call to reschedule.
- Leaders are responsible for arranging their own transportation.