About the NVCA
The Nottawasaga Valley Conservation Authority (NVCA) is your public agency dedicated to the preservation of a healthy environment. As your partner, the NVCA provides the expertise to help protect our water, our land, our future.
Watch the video below to learn more.
A sustainable watershed that is resilient to the effects of climate change, urban growth and other stressors and provides for safe, healthy and prosperous people and communities
Working together to deliver innovative, integrated watershed management that is responsive to the
environmental, economic and social sustainability of the Nottawasaga Valley watershed.
What We Value
- An abundance of clean water, clean air and fertile soils that provide for healthy people and ecosystems.
- Natural heritage systems and the ecosystem services they provide, particularly as they support resilience to the effects of a changing climate.
- Distinctive landforms and waterways including the Georgian Bay coastline, Niagara Escarpment, Minesing Wetlands and others that give our watershed a unique sense
- Quality recreational opportunities that our hills, forests, meadows, wetlands, waterways and coastline provide for residents and tourists alike.
- A wealth of resources within the capacity of our watershed to provide for thriving communities, successful economies and sustainable agriculture, now and in
Our watershed is a large geographic area, approximately 3,700 sq. km, with jurisdiction in 18 municipalities in the counties of Simcoe, Dufferin and Grey.
Our Board of Directors
Board of Directors is comprised of representatives appointed from each of our member municipalities.
As the governing body for the NVCA, Board members have a very important role and responsibility to represent the interests of their municipalities, consider the interests and needs of the conservation authority, and establish an effective reporting relationship with their municipal council and staff.