The Nottawasaga Valley Conservation Authority

Property Inquiries

Find out if you need an NVCA  permit

If you are planning to do any work near a lake, river, stream or wetland, you may require approval from NVCA. 

Current property owners, potential buyers, lawyers and real estate agents are encouraged to find out if a property is likely to be affected by NVCA policies and regulations.

Check if your property is regulated

Search for your property on NVCA's Interactive Data Viewer to see if you are in an NVCA regulated area.

You may require a permit if some or all of your property is in the regulated area.

Submit a
property inquiry form

Complete NVCA's online
property inquiry form to get
more information.

A permit may be depending on the project and location of your property.

Contact NVCA's

If you cannot submit the online property inquiry form, contact NVCA at or 705-424-1479.

Have your property address and information about your project ready.

Responses are provided in the order in which they are received. Please note response times are dependent on the complexity of the inquiry, the unique characteristics of the property, and the volume of inquiries being received.

If the email was sent to your spam/junk folder please mark it as not junk so that future emails get delivered to your inbox.

For additional information, please see our frequently asked questions about our permit process.

Scroll to Top